- 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus more for pie plate
- ½-small onion, finely chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole-milk
- 1 cup grated sharp or extra-sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- ½-cup water
- ¼-teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼-teaspoon dried oregano
- ½-teaspoon salt
- ¼-teaspoon pepper
- ¼-teaspoon chopped dried rosemary
- 1 medium bunch broccoli, cut into florets, stems peeled and cut 1/3-inch thick
1. Heat oven to 375F. Brush a 9- or 10-inch pie plate with olive oil.
2. Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl; let cool.
3. Add eggs to onion and lightly beat. Whisk in dairy beverage, 1/2 cup of the cheese, water, thyme, oregano, salt, pepper and rosemary to blend.
4. Cover bottom of pie plate with broccoli. Pour cream mixture into pie plate. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2-cup cheese. Bake until a knife inserted in middle comes out clean and quiche is golden brown, 50 to 60 minutes.
Serving Size 268 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 160
Total Fat 17.8g
Saturated Fat 8.8g
Total Carbohydrates 10.4g
Dietary Fiber 2.6g