Targets shoulders, back, butt, legs
a. Stand with feet shoulder-width apart and place a 5-pound dumbbell on the floor near each foot. Squat, bringing the dumbbells to the outside of your knees, palms down.
b. Stand, bringing the dumbbells to your hips, then raise the weights through your shoulders and overhead. Lower and repeat for 60 seconds.
Targets: Shoulders, upper back, triceps, abs, and butt
* Holding medicine ball with both hands, lie faceup on stability ball with head and shoulder blades resting on its center, knees bent 90 degrees and feet flat so that torso is parallel to floor.
* Keeping abs engaged and hips lifted, extend arms toward ceiling, directly over shoulders.
Targets: Arms, abs, butt, and outer thighs
* Stand in middle of band with feet hip-width apart, holding one end of band in each hand, elbows bent out to sides, hands in front of belly.
* Step forward with left leg, then lift right leg a few inches, pressing it out to side.
* Step right foot down a few inches forward, then lift left leg a few inches out to side. Alternate for 8 steps.
* Next, press out left leg, then right, to rock from side to side, like a pendulum. Do 8 reps.
Targets: Abs, butt, and quads
* Stand in middle of band with feet hip-width apart, holding one end of band and a dumbbell in each hand (wrap ends of band around dumbbells and place palms over), arms by sides.
* Squat, keeping knees behind toes, and hinge forward slightly from hips.
* Stand up, pulling band with you. Do 15 reps.
Targets: Abs, butt, and outer thighs
* Stand in middle of band with feet shoulder-width apart, holding one end of band in each hand.
* Cross band in front of body (making an X) with right hand by right hip, left hand by left hip.
* Keeping back tall, feet parallel, and knees straight, take a small step to the right with right foot. Step left foot to right, bringing feet shoulder-width apart.
* Take 10 steps to right. Switch directions; repeat.
Targets: Butt, quads, and hamstrings
* Stand on a low step with feet together, arms extended in front of chest, palms facing each other. (If you don’t have a step, perform move on ground.)
* Hop left leg out to left, placing body weight on left heel and bending left knee 90 degrees to sit into a one-legged squat.
* Quickly press through left heel to hop left leg back to start position; repeat hop with right leg to right side and sit into squat.
* Return to start to complete 1 rep.
* Do 8 to 10 reps.
Targets: Butt, inner thighs, and calves
* Stand with feet wider than shoulder-width apart, toes turned out 45 degrees, holding a single dumbbell with both hands in front of hips (or fold arms in front of chest without dumbbell). Make it harder: Use a 10- to 15-pound dumbbell.
* Lower into plié squat until knees are bent as far as 90 degrees, knees behind toes.
Targets: Butt and inner thighs
* Stand with feet hip-width apart, a dumbbell under each heel (heels rest on handles of weights), and squeeze a folded towel between knees.
* Extend arms in front of you at shoulder level, palms down, and, squeezing towel throughout move, bend knees 90 degrees to lower, as if sitting down in a chair (keep lower legs still).
* Lift halfway so knees are still slightly bent, then lower.
* Do 8 to 10 reps.
Trainer’s Tip: Make sure the folded towel is about 4 inches thick to keep knees aligned with hips.
Targets: Butt, inner and outer thighs, and hamstrings
* Stand with feet hip-width apart, hands on hips.
* Lunge left leg forward diagonally toward left and lower hips until left thigh is parallel to ground.
* Press through left heel to stand and repeat with right leg, lunging diagonally toward right.
* Do 10 diagonal lunges, alternating legs, then turn around to do crossover lunges back to start.
Targets: Shoulders, back, abs, and butt
* Stand on a low step with feet together, hands at sides, a dumbbell in each hand. (No step? Perform move on ground.)
* Hinge forward at hips and simultaneously lift right leg straight back, squeezing glutes, as you raise extended arms in front of you until body from hands to right heel is parallel to ground. Make it easier: Keep knuckles on hips and elbows bent out to sides throughout or go without dumbbells.
* Hold 1 to 2 counts, then lower arms and right leg without touching right foot down on step.