Lie on the floor/mat on your back. Keep lower back in contact with the floor, feet and legs straight and together. Place hands to sides or under lower back for support.
EXHALE: Keeping legs straight and together, back flat, lift legs upward until they are straight above hips. INHALE: Lower legs down to starting position, slowly and with control (but do not allow feet to touch the ground between reps) to complete one rep.
Make sure back stays flat on floor and abs are tight (pull navel in towards spine).
Muscles Worked: Abs, Quads
Time Involved: 2-4 minutes
Body Benefit: Flatter abs
Targets shoulders, chest, triceps, abs, back
Begin in full push-up position, palms on floor under shoulders and legs extended. Do one push-up, then carefully lift your left hand off the floor, extending your arm out to side. Holding here, lift your right foot off the floor. Lower hand and foot to floor. Do another push-up and repeat with opposite hand and foot. Continue, alternating sides.
Minutes 0:00 – 1:30
Stand with hands on hips and feet together.
Targets: Tectus Abdominus and Obliques
* Stand with hands on hips and feet together.
* Move just your ribs to the left, then back through the center of your torso and to the right.
* Continue moving from side to side.
Targets: Shoulders, upper back, triceps, abs, and butt
* Holding medicine ball with both hands, lie faceup on stability ball with head and shoulder blades resting on its center, knees bent 90 degrees and feet flat so that torso is parallel to floor.
* Keeping abs engaged and hips lifted, extend arms toward ceiling, directly over shoulders.
Targets: Arms, abs, butt, and outer thighs
* Stand in middle of band with feet hip-width apart, holding one end of band in each hand, elbows bent out to sides, hands in front of belly.
* Step forward with left leg, then lift right leg a few inches, pressing it out to side.
* Step right foot down a few inches forward, then lift left leg a few inches out to side. Alternate for 8 steps.
* Next, press out left leg, then right, to rock from side to side, like a pendulum. Do 8 reps.
Targets: Abs, butt, and quads
* Stand in middle of band with feet hip-width apart, holding one end of band and a dumbbell in each hand (wrap ends of band around dumbbells and place palms over), arms by sides.
* Squat, keeping knees behind toes, and hinge forward slightly from hips.
* Stand up, pulling band with you. Do 15 reps.
Targets: Abs, butt, and outer thighs
* Stand in middle of band with feet shoulder-width apart, holding one end of band in each hand.
* Cross band in front of body (making an X) with right hand by right hip, left hand by left hip.
* Keeping back tall, feet parallel, and knees straight, take a small step to the right with right foot. Step left foot to right, bringing feet shoulder-width apart.
* Take 10 steps to right. Switch directions; repeat.
Targets: Back, arms, abs, obliques, and hips
* Stand with feet slightly more than shoulder-width apart, holding one end of band in each hand, arms by sides.
* Lift arms overhead, pulling band tight, and point right toes out to side.
* Keeping left arm still, engage obliques, pull right elbow down to side, and lift right knee to meet it.
* Extend right arm and leg without touching toes to floor. Do 10 reps. Switch sides; repeat.
Targets: Chest, biceps, and abs
* Make a fist with each hand, arms straight down by sides, palms forward. (Beginners can keep hands open.)
* Keeping shoulders down and back, contract abs and lift both arms straight in front of you, palms up, to press pinkies together at shoulder height.
* Squeeze chest, then lower arms to start.
* Do 25 reps.
Targets: Shoulders, upper back, and abs
* Make a fist with each hand and start with hands near hips, palms facing you.
* Bring both fists up to armpits, skimming torso with knuckles and keeping elbows bent out to sides higher than hands throughout movement.
* Squeeze shoulder blades and upper-back muscles together to draw elbows back, raising fists to shoulder height.
* Lower hands to start.
* Do 25 reps.